This page is used for registration for select special events only. All of the regularly scheduled classes and events that are on our Calendar are offered at a drop-in and first come, first serve basis, unless noted.
Learn More Series
A series of continuing education workshops for teachers and serious students of yoga. Each session will offer an opportunity to earn CEU’s (Continued Education Units) at a reasonable cost, with the added beneﬁt of keeping you close to home! The workshops themselves will bring high quality instruction, presented in a condensed, but easily digestible format. The teachers will be from our own dynamic yoga community, as well as teachers known to us regionally. The hope is that as teachers and students of yoga, we continue to grow and “learn more” together!
Yoga Anatomy Academy: Lumbar Spine and S.I. Joints with Dr. Ariele Foster
Saturday, October 17th 3-6pm
Part lecture, part practice and part discussion, this workshop will be the first in a series of heart-centered, fun and meaningful anatomy workshops: Yoga Anatomy Academy is designed to elevate the anatomic and biomechanical understanding of yoga teachers and practitioners in a practical and functional way.
– Learn the bony structure as well as basic muscle, fascia and other soft tissue structures of the lumbar spine and sacroiliac joints.
– Make sense of the biomechanics – the kinematics (visible movements) and arthrokinematics (joint level movements) in the context of yoga asana and functional movement
– Explore the role of the lumbar spine and the sacrum in vinyasa, standing and seated poses
– Practice safety strategies for a variety of conditions, for a variety of bodies
– Preparing students and ourselves for true breakthroughs (physical, knowledge-based or other!)
– Walk away with new insights to apply to your own body and your teaching and keep your practice sustainable, and you health and happy.
This workshop is geared toward yoga teachers, but welcomes all dedicated yoga practitioners.
Cost $45 No Refunds. Pre-registration required by 10/14.