Have you been wondering why Project Yoga Richmond keeps mentioning Yoga Direct lately?
Photo Cred: McAbbott Studios
Our mission is to make yoga accessible and affordable to all and Yoga Direct supports us as we work hard to achieve that. Project Yoga Richmond has chosen to use Yoga Direct as our supplier for all of our studio and community partnership program yoga mat and prop needs since 2012 because they make their quality products affordable and reliable.
This year, Yoga Direct decided to deepen their support by sponsoring Saturday Salutations at the VMFA, and we could not be more excited about the partnership. We are honored to have a company we have trusted and personally used for years deepening their relationship with the PYR community. Through their sponsorship, Yoga Direct is helping to increase access to yoga by supporting our community programs and offering mat giveaways for Saturday Salutations participants.
You can try out the Yoga Direct products we know and love 7 days a week at our pay-what-you-can studio! Our personal choice for our studio and outreach needs is the Premium Yoga Mat, which we have used this product in our studio since 2012, and five years later it still supports our students!
As a special thank you to the entire PYR and Yoga Direct community, we would like to offer you a special discount on Yoga Direct products to continue to support your practice!
Our Gift to You!
You can now support PYR each time you shop at Kroger!
1. Click this link.
2. Look at the top right hand corner:
- Click Sign In if you already have a Kroger Online account (this is not the same as a Kroger Plus Card)
- Click Register if you do not have an account
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account
- Check your email inbox and confirm your account
4. Click Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus Card number.
5. On the Find Your Organization page, enter 93262. as your non-profit number. “Select Your Organization” then pops us up, select Project Yoga Richmond and click “Enroll”
Now each time you shop with your Kroger Plus Card, YOU are supporting Project Yoga Richmond!
Set Up Your Account
What is Y12SR?
Y12SR (Yoga of 12-Step Recovery) “connects the dots” between the ancient wisdom of yoga, the practical tools of 12-step programs, and the latest research on trauma healing and neurobiology. As part of a holistic recovery program, it works in tandem with traditional treatment to address the physical, mental and spiritual disease of addiction.
The program serves people recovering from all manifestations of addiction, from behavioral addictions to substance abuse – creating a safe place on the mat where trauma can be released. It also supports those who are impacted by a loved one’s addiction. Weekly meetings led by certified Y12SR leaders are available in community settings across the United States. Y12SR is also offered as an adjunctive therapy in a growing number of addiction recovery treatment centers.
“The 12 Step program and Yoga connect us with ourselves, with others, with Spirit. The practices and principles of these two united paths return us to wholeness- and create community, purpose, joy, and freedom. This is the treasure offered to us in Y12SR.”
– PYR Cofounder and Y12SR Leadership Trainer, Dana Walters
3 Elements to Y12SR Classes:
- Open to anyone dealing with their own maladaptive behavior or affected by the maladaptive behavior of others. This is an open and inclusive group. “All A’s are welcome.”
- The 12-step based discussion/group sharing circle is followed by an intentional, themed meditations and/or breathwork and yoga practice.
- The asana practice offered is “yoga neutral”; these classes are always accessible for every body.
PYR’s Y12SR Offerings:
- Every Tuesday at 5:30pm at Project Yoga Richmond Studio
- Open to the community, drop-in, and pay-what-you-can
- Fridays at Chesterfield County Jail
- Offered to residents enrolled in the Bridge program
- The Bridge program operates as a collaboration of services between the Sheriff’s Office and Chesterfield Mental Health Support Services. Bridge is a program for court-involved individuals in recovery; the program is strictly voluntary and not court-ordered.
- The purpose of Bridge is to offer its participants a variety of dynamic programming to address and understand addiction and trauma and to facilitate sustainable, skill-based tools and techniques in breaking destructive habits and developing a sense of empowerment.
- Upcoming Workshop with Y12SR Founder, Nikki Myers
- Nov 3- Nov 5
- Using lecture, discussion, experiential exercises and the tools of yoga (asana, pranayama, meditation, chanting, etc.) this 3-day intensive examines the root of codependency and presents tools for healing through a process of awareness, self-love and creativity. Space is limited, save your spot today!
Support Yoga for Recovery by signing up in advance and unrolling your mat with us for Saturday Salutations at the VMFA, Presented by PYR and Yoga Direct!