Project Yoga Richmond (PYR) seeks a dynamic, experienced nonprofit Executive Director. Founded in 2010 to serve the Greater Richmond area, Project Yoga Richmond believes that yoga has the power to transform lives and, in turn, whole communities. Through its nonprofit center and practice space, deepening education opportunities, and a network of community partnership programs, PYR provides individuals and groups with affordable and inclusive access to yoga and mindfulness programs that strengthen physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
The Executive Director is a highly-skilled nonprofit professional that provides leadership, vision and direction to Project Yoga Richmond. The Executive Director represents PYR to the public, continues the development of staff and independent contractors, leads organizational development and strategic planning, optimizes financial performance and resources, oversees program delivery, maintains positive relationships with the local community and strategic partners, and delivers sustainable financial support.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall implementation of PYR’s mission. The Executive Director works closely with and reports to the Board of Directors and oversees staff and Ambassadors.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Provide oversight of all internal functions, including programs, fund development, community relations, financial management, and volunteer activities
- Develop and retain talented professionals and maintain appropriate staffing structure
- Effectively develop business systems and strategies and ensure appropriate implementation.
- Manage strategic relationships with key partners for the advancement of PYR’s mission and communities we serve
- Implement the strategic plan and take responsibility for managing the organization according to identified priorities, report results, and adapt to feedback and changes in priority as appropriate
- Ensure the continued development and delivery of high-quality accessible and inclusive yoga programs
- Promote the value of PYR’s programs to strategic partners and community members aimed at offering opportunities to expand access to the yoga practice
- Develop and cultivate diverse funding streams, oversee fundraising efforts, and actively participate in donor cultivation and solicitation
- Engage Board, key supporters, volunteers, strategic partners, and community members in special events designed to communicate PYR’s mission and raise funds
- Maintain positive relationships with key supporters by communicating PYR’s mission and priorities effectively and consistently
- Work with the Treasurer and Finance Committee to ensure optimal financial performance, report all financial activities to the board on a regular basis, and oversee the maintenance of all financial records, filings, and reports.
- Oversee payroll and management of bank accounts
- Provide guidance on the development of PYR’s annual operating budget, projecting revenue and expenses on a monthly basis
- Review analysis of financial activities to discern trends, identify areas of improvement, address problems and develop forecasts
- Work collaboratively with Board of Directors to set goals consistent with strategic plan, establish policies, and enhance human and financial resources to ensure continued growth and impact
- Support board leadership in establishing the focus, structure, and direction of Board of Directors by providing reports and other information in a timely manner, providing support for committees, and by participating in board meetings
- Assist board leadership in establishing criteria for board membership and by identifying and recruiting board membership
- Deep commitment to Project Yoga Richmond mission and values (access, inclusion, and integrity); deep commitment to advance the organization’s strategic plan
- Ability to comprehend, effectively communicate, and tackle issues related to health equity, trauma-informed yoga, empowerment, community engagement, and whole-person health
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience with nonprofit organizational management
- Minimum 2-3 years experience with fund development in nonprofit sector
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences (internal and external)
- Demonstrated experience setting and managing budgets and financial forecasting
- Demonstrated success in managing staff and/or volunteers and partnering with external organizations
- Experience in strategically managing operational priorities; skilled in analytically assessing situations and influencing the outcomes; a history of serving the community first, placing personal and organizational needs second
- Connections to the greater Richmond community
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Quickbooks, Kindful (or comparable donor software)
- Work style that is flexible, respectful, and collaborative, and a commitment to maintaining a supportive, empowering work culture
- 200- or 500-hour yoga teacher certification and/or advanced degree in related fields
- Grant writing experience
- Strategic planning experience
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
Salary & Benefits:
- $45,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional development opportunities and funds
- No health insurance is provided at this time.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.